Autumn Wreath

Ya'll know I'm not crafty, right? I've said it before. But I always get a crafting itch in the fall. Also, I love my blue door and wanted to put a fun wreath on it. So, I set about my task!

I bought this wreath 4 years ago at a yard sale. I really like it, but "Happy Halloween" and the ghosts are more a Halloween theme, not autumn. Plus, over the 4 years and 3 moves, it's gotten ratty.


I decided to strip it down and start fresh!



My first idea was to make some florette's from felt, like I did on this wreath. But I didn't find them very inspiring and I ran out of fall-colored felt, so I scratched that idea.


As much as I would have liked to go to Michael's Craft store and find some adorable decorations, I wasn't willing to drive 30 minutes to do that. The Dollar General is right around the corner, so that worked for me! A little ribbon, sprigs of autumn berries, a touch of purple, and 2 little pumpkins.



I'm not in love with it, but I think it'll do just fine. It was fun to spruce it up and hang it on my door!


I have an idea how to recycle the cute "Happy Halloween," ghost, and pumpkins that were on the wreath before. Happy to recycle! That's another project for another day. I'm going outside in this beautiful weather to plant some perennials!

Comments

  1. Way to go! Now I want some fall decor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I like it! And I love the blue door, my favorite color.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Off the Bookshelf

Patrick Wilford is Here!