Patrick's 1st Birthday

I'm tired and so are my babes (they are napping now); morning came much too early today. Patrick was up and cuddling with us at 5:45 and then he cried for Behn when Behn went to go make his bottle (Patrick has recently become a Daddy's boy). Crying commenced at 6:15 and lasted approx 2 minutes, which means Graham was also cuddling in bed with us at around 6:17. Then it was waffles and all that hulabaloo.

However, I decided it's time for me to stop being a lame-o mom and to finally write a quick post about our baby turning 1!

I have decided I am not the party planning mom. It's just too stressful. Even when I decide it's going to be 'low-key' and 'small,' there's still stress. We decided to have a picnic at a playground in my parents' neighborhood. We invited family and a few close friends. It was a gorgeous day! And I had so many people to help out, which was great when I was cutting the fruit for lunch at 11:02 (party started at 11). And because I am just *so* organized, I forgot the memory card in my camera, so all I have are some shots from my iPhone. Thankfully, my mom took pics on her camera, but I don't have them, so here's all I got!




Patrick, we just love you! We are so grateful to God for adding you to our family. What a sweet little brother you are- you make all of us smile! Happy 1st!

Comments

  1. Happy birthday, sweet boy! That last pic of him smashing that cake in his face is priceless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy first birthday, Patrick! I can't believe you are ONE already! Congrats and God bless you and your lovely family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Patrick!
    Cake pictures are the best!

    (PS I'm a low-key party mom, too. I figure my child's birthday party should not be more elaborate than my wedding - which was also low-key, haha.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Off the Bookshelf

Patrick Wilford is Here!