Kid Update

We are back from a little camping trip with friends in Gettysburg. Which means I have groceries to buy and laundry to do. But I want to take a minute to record some of the stuff my awesome kids are up to!

Graham:



Graham Lee is growing up! The past few weeks have been so pleasant with him! He has really taken to being kind and sweet most of the time. Not all the time, of course, but his personality is really coming together as he learns compassion and kindness. He is beginning to use his imagination! He gathers his stuffed animals and talks to them and pretends to be caring for them. Graham also loves our Bible time together each day, and is also listening more carefully when I read books to him; I am starting to see a glimmer of wanting to learn. The past week he has been very interested in letters and is always finding something written somewhere and running up to me saying, "I found a G, mama!" (Or a P or a D or a T...that's about it so far.) He and Patrick are often inseparable. They do fight- Patrick can scream now if he feels like Graham is being unjust- but they also play nicely much of the time. Graham's still the pickiest eater ever. He won't even eat good stuff like macaroni or cinnamon rolls. He has his staples (mostly bland, predictable stuff), but sometimes I can get him to try something different. Any new food is a victory! Anyway, I am loving on this boy. He is a joy!

Patrick

Since Patrick turned 1 a few weeks ago, it really feels like he turned a corner into toddlerhood. I am a bit sad about that, but it's inevitable. He can run and climb now. It's nuts! He just gets into whatever, all the time. He understands so much, too! He is following simple instructions ("Get in the bath," "Go find Graham," "Where's your binkie?") and he knows what 'no' means. This morning I asked him where his teeth are and he pointed to them, so I am working on nose and ears now. He still loves things that move, like cars, trucks, and airplanes. He often finds little things like rocks and carries them around for a while- such a boy! He positively adores Graham, and often chooses Behn over myself. He wants to hang out with the guys, haha! He's a pretty good eater and usually eats what I put in front of him; if he doesn't like it, he simply tosses it. He's saying a few words- 'mama,' 'bubble,' 'ball,' 'uh-oh,' and he babbles a lot. He is still a really happy, smiley guy, BUT we have seen that toddler stuff coming in; i.e. throwing himself to the floor when he doesn't get his way. His anger is short-lived, though, and he's happy again in no time. He has 2 bottom teeth now, and a huge one coming in on the top, which is causing some misery. Overall, though, he's just a happy dude!

Lately I have been feeling like I am really enjoying my boys. Of course, there are tiring, crazy moments, too. But we all sleep through the night and since they play together, more stuff around the house gets done. We've been busy enjoying the fall weather, too, so that has helped to keep everyone outside and happy. We're in a good groove right now, and I am grateful.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Off the Bookshelf

Patrick Wilford is Here!