Off the Bookshelf- Kid Edition

Hi folks! Guess what? It snowed- we're snowed in! Am I excited about this? Well, yes and no. Being snowed in simply means that we are going craaaazzzzzyyyyy! Yes, it is pretty. Yes, I feel that it gives me an excuse to have 4 bowls of soup and lots of popcorn. But man, we are a little stir crazy. "Take them outside" you say? Well, it's 18 degrees, so 'taking them outside' lasts for 3.5 minutes. Maybe tomorrow.

Anyway, I thought I'd share with you some of books our kids like. Sons of a librarian love to read all day, right? Hmm, not so much. Graham has a few favorite books and likes to be read to for a long time before bed (because it procrastinates the actual going to bed.) Other than bedtime and Bible time, he rarely, if ever, chooses to be read to. He doesn't dislike it so much as would just rather throw balls all day instead. Patrick, though, adores being read to. He is constantly chucking books at my face and trying to wriggle onto my lap. It's really cute. He doesn't always sit very long, but he often does.

Anyway, here are a few of the books that are a hit around here:

Who doesn't love Goodnight Moon? Really, I think this is a childhood favorite for everyone. Both my boys love it. There's just something about that red balloon and the little mouse. Graham has it memorized.


The Complete Book of Farmyard Tales. I like this book of short stories about a little place called Apple Tree Farm. Graham likes it because the stories are short and he has to find the yellow duck on every page.


Graham and Patrick have always gravitated toward these colorful books published by National Geographic. I like that they spark an interest in science. We have a few of the titles (there are 6 altogether I believe) and we are always checking out the others from the library.


Have You Seen Duck? by Janet A. Holmes and Jonathan Bentley. This is also a Graham bedtime favorite.


This one is Charlie Harper's 123's. Graham likes the artwork and especially loves this page :


I adore these sweet vintage books. I love the wording and the art.
God Loves Me by Mary Alice Jones
Prayer for a Child by Rachel Field


There are other books the kiddos love, but these are definite favorites. What books do your children enjoy?

Comments

  1. I just posted about this too! So funny. The freezing cold and being cooped up indoors must have us thinking alike! ;) I'll have to check out some of these books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, being cooped up has been tough! So funny that we both posted about it! Gotta love Good Night Moon!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Patrick Wilford is Here!

Off the Bookshelf