Bible Time

Several mornings a week (I wish I could say it happens every day, but it doesn't), I have Bible time with Graham. I put Patrick down for his morning nap and get Graham a snack and we sit on the couch and read a Bible story, a short devotional, go over his memory verses and cathechism, and say a little prayer. Honestly, it's a devotional time for me, too. It's so precious that we have this alone time together and with God. I know Graham doesn't 'get' everything I am reading or saying, but I pray it's quietly soaking into his little heart.



Here is what we read:


Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally Lloyd-Jones (love!!), God and Me by Penny Boshoff, Thoughts to Make Your Heart Sing by Sally Lloyd-Jones, and First Catechism by Great Commission Publications. Graham is also memorizing Psalm 100 (still on the 1st verse), and I use the ESV version Bible.

Our whole Bible time usually takes less than 15 minutes, which is about as long as G will sit.

I found the God and Me devotional at the yard sale last weekend and it's adorable. It has great photos and is very age-appropriate.


So, that's our Bible time as of now. I'm sure it will change and grow as he ages but for now, this is working for us!

Comments

  1. I like hearing about other resources. Right now we are reading at night as a family for our time (most nights). Somone had recommende Wondrous Works of God Bible (I think that's what it is called) It is just a bit above his head sometimes - but there doesn't seem to be a good read aloud story Bible for a 4 year old (I love Jesus Storybook - we did a lot of that for Advent this year - going back to it again this year for Advent.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Off the Bookshelf

Currently (what's up right now)

Patrick Wilford is Here!