A Tale of Black Shoes

My Graham likes shoes. He is currently a size 8, and all 5 pairs of shoes he owns were bought by my mom, either on super-sale or consignment. It really is nice having parents (both mine and Behn's) that buy my kids clothes! Anyway, Graham likes shoes, and he has his favorites. In order of his favorite: brown shoes, black velcro shoes, flip flops, gray shoes, sandals. I'd take a picture of them for you as a visual, but he's sleeping in his room right now.

Not long ago, I pulled out his old blue Converse shoes that he used to wear when he was 1. They had been a gift from his Aunt Lydia and Uncle James. They are size 5's and he really, really wanted to wear them. Obviously they are much too small.

Here is is wearing them when he was 15 months old...on a swing with cousin Lily.


When Behn's parents came to visit last week, Graham was carrying around those blue shoes and wanted someone to try and stuff his feet in them. And what are grandfathers for, but to say, "hey buddy, let's go to the store and find you some Converse shoes that fit." I'm so glad he thought of that! Honestly, it didn't even occur to me! But what a fun idea!

Off to the mall we went! We went into Sears first, and wouldn't you know it- little kid Converse shoes were on sale. The only colors they had were black or gray, but that was perfect. One of the reasons Graham is so into these type of shoes is because the hero in a baseball movie that Graham loves wears black high tops: "Shoes guaranteed to make someone run faster and jump higher." (note: if you know the movie I am talking about- I know, it is not really appropriate for a 2-year old. Oh well.)

What a fun adventure! Graham was thrilled, his face was so lit up!





He's been wearing them non-stop: all day everyday, in his pj's, whatever. I take them off at night but he still keeps them on top of the bedframe and brings them out to me first thing in the morning.

So thank you, to all our parents and family members who buy my kids their shoes- and especially to Mom and Dad T for getting Graham his new cons- "Benny Shoes" as he calls them (Benny being the hero of the beloved baseball movie).

Sidenote: I can't believe Graham was a size 5 at 14 months. I can't imagine Patrick wearing those blue cons in 4 months. He's just my little peanut baby with little peanut feet :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Patrick Wilford is Here!

Off the Bookshelf