Follow-Up to the last post ;-)

Ok, so I thought a lot about my last post. And I decided I needed to write more. I had been interrupted in my writing anyway, because Mr. Patrick had woken from his nap.

I want to express just how much I love being a mama. And being Graham's mama. He is a treasure. So is Patrick. Lord willing, I'll be a mama to more kids. I'm so grateful for these little guys, for the opportunity to be a mother.

It's taken me a long time to let go of high expectations I had about motherhood...and life in general. On the hard days, those expectations come back strong.

I have seen myself be grown through this, and much more growing is yet to come. I am seeing the gospel in a whole new, wonderful way. I am seeing my weakness, my need for Jesus, in a whole new way. And I am so glad for it! These years are definitely years of sanctification. I suppose all our lives are, but these trying, tiring years are especially. I need Grace in a whole new, wonderful way.

Graham and I are going out on a special date tonight- just us. I want some alone time with him. We are going to see Frozen (his first time at the movies..and yes, I wanted to see it too!). I've been looking forward to our date all week. Just me and my special little first born son.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I Peter 1: 3-9

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ. Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

Comments

  1. Hi Megan! Happy to have found your blog today. I had a quick question and was hoping you could email me. :-) Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! Let me know your email and we will be in touch.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Patrick Wilford is Here!

Off the Bookshelf