A New Kind of Crazy

I'm realizing I like to blog more during the week because it's a fun excuse to avoid actual work and my ongoing list of to-do's. I have several ideas for posts to write, and Behn's been talking about writing something up on here too, so stay tuned for that!

There's a new kind of crazy up in here, ya'll. For real, this job of mommy/babysitter has gotten so much harder lately. I just had several days off from babysitting and really enjoyed spending lots of quality, one-on-one time with my son. It was so special to give all my attention to him and truly enjoy all his little antics. Moms who have the privilege of staying home with your firstborn: enjoy it! Once there's another one around, it's chaos. I'm not complaining about keeping Frankie. He's a joy- he's hilarious- he loves me and I him- he and Graham are best buds- God has provided for our needs through this extra job. But it is harder.

So, back to the crazy: Graham is now walking independently and unprompted for several steps. He is also screaming if you take something away from him and he wants it back. Like that shrill, glass-breaking kind of shriek.  Frankie and Graham are into everything. If there's a door, they open (or close) it; if there's a drawer, they pull everything out of it; if there's a potty, they're splashing in it; if there's a button, they push it (including mine- get it?); if they can get to the stairs, they're climbing up. In a room full of new toys, they both want the same one. In a room full of new toys, they don't want any toys- they want the tv remote and books off the bookshelf. Meals are thoughtfully prepared by mommy and then immediately rejected by rebellious child.

There are quiet moments. Frankie's a great napper and Graham is a mediocre napper. But, naptime still exists and for that I'm thankful! Once a day they get to watch a short dvd. I save this blissful moment for the late afternoon when I'm at my wits end.

There are fun moments. We chase each other, all 3 of us laughing. There's peek-a-boo and hide & seek now.  Books are becoming a favorite now that they can pay attention for a few moments. We romp around outside, boys all bundled and loving the fresh air. I love the fresh air too. We sometimes go to playdates and enjoy our friends. And both boys are starting to say new words, especially Frankie. It's really adorable and after working with kids with Autism, I do not take the development of speech lightly.

And for some reason, I insanely still hold to the idea that I want a big family. More kids, hopefully both biological and adopted. I'm not in a huge hurry to get there, but I still hope for it. So basically I'm resigning myself to the fact that the 'crazy' isn't going to go away or get easier. Maybe God sent Frankie here to get me all prepared for the future. The more people you add, the more crowded and messy and LOUD the house gets. Oh boy, I'm in for it.

So, that's my little life update. I'm sure you really wanted to know all that. Like I said, I have several posts in mind, so stop by again soon!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Patrick Wilford is Here!

Off the Bookshelf