My Little Recipe Book

Does anyone else have this problem? You cook all the time, but when it's time to schedule a new round of meals, you can't think of what to plan? Happened to me all the time! I would get so frustrated trying to remember what dishes and recipes we liked in the past. Finally I started writing down all the meals we enjoy in this little book:
 It's not a fancy or organized system, but it works for me! If we love a recipe, or even just a simple meal like sandwiches, I write it in here with the page number of the cookbook the recipe is in for future brainstorming reference. I try to categorize it a little bit (i.e. "cheap and easy," "crock pot meals") but it's pretty random. It's just a simple little notebook. I realize that some people do this on the computer and there are websites for this stuff, but it's easiest for me to just grab my book. And I can write whole recipes on the extra pages too. I try to write notes on some of the recipes, like 'would be a great meal to take to someone!' or 'good summer dish when basil is in season.'
 So that's my little system.
And just for fun, my birthday flowers:
LOTS going on here in our house these days! Last week was pretty crazy...hopefully I can give more details soon. One thing that happened, which is really sad, is that I found out that the family I nannied for and lived with in 2007 was in big trouble. The father/husband stole $300,000 worth of diamonds and killed a jeweler. I was shocked and devastated. I'm praising God for His safekeeping while I lived with this family, but grieving for the little boys, who are still so young (only 7 and 4). I haven't been in contact with the family very much. Anyway, the dad was arrrested in Spain last week and then sadly took his life a few days later in prison. Mind-boggling. Goes to show once again, you cannot put your hope in anything other than the Lord. All else is foolishness and idolotry. So, this whole situation has been on my mind and in my prayers a lot lately.

Well, gotta get things done while the boys are sleeping.

Comments

  1. ooh - that is a good idea. I am frequently in a "what should I cook" rut.
    Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Patrick Wilford is Here!

Off the Bookshelf