I Feel Like A Mom...

...which is good because I am one, praise the Lord! Have been for over a year (actually almost 2 years if you count pregnancy, which I do).

Today Graham and I got another day alone together. Poor Frankie caught G's cold and was home sick. It was good for us to be alone though, because G's still not 100% and I'm under the weather too, with his cold. Plus, he still hasn't slept soundly in several nights, so I'm tired.

This afternoon as I was hanging out with G, I felt a nostalgic feeling from my childhood. Today felt like one of those cold winter days I'd come home from school and Mom would have hot chocolate waiting for us for a snack. The smell of dinner in the crockpot reminded me of smelling dinner as I walked through the door as a kid. Even the sound of the furnace reminded me of the one in our old house. It's so funny that now I'm the Mom. I'm the one making hot chocolate (for myself), I put dinner in the crockpot. When did I grow up?

Of course, if I was really re-living my memories, there'd be about 5 or 6 other kids swarming around, not just one little cute baby :)

I love memories. That's why I journal and blog. I was like to look back and rejoice in how God has made things. Even hard times point to His plan and glory, ultimately.  I also love my mom and dad and when I look back on my childhood, I realize how blessed I was! Behn would say the same about his childhood. We were raised by godly parents, in loving families. We were provided for. I pray that we are doing that for Graham, and humbly believe that God is going to continue His promises to the next generation.

I spend a lot of time reading about orphans, abused children, hungry children. I know God has laid these children on my heart- and Behn's heart- for a reason and He has great purposes in using us to advocate for and love kids. That time will come! We're waiting, and God is not wasting the waiting. He's preparing us.

Well, this mom has to wrap this up now, because my one little gift is crying and needing me for a cuddle.

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Patrick Wilford is Here!

Off the Bookshelf