Labor Day Weekend Festivities

It's such a blessing to be home with Behn and Graham for 3 whole days. I used to work in group homes and often worked nights, weekends, holidays. I do not take for granted the opportunity to be here and enjoy family time.


Last year Behn and I camped on Labor Day weekend. That was fun, and I hope we repeat that this fall. But this year we stayed home and chose not to travel at all. So we decided to have a little cookout with church friends. We went to the early service yesterday, then came home and cleaned up the house a bit, and got food ready. Here's a synopsis of my thoughts:


8 a.m.: Ah, need to clean the house and get groceries after church.

11 a.m.: That was expensive. Having people over is pricey.

Noon: Cleaning extravaganza. Our house is too small, cluttered.
2 p.m. (number of estimated guests went from 5 to 8). I'm panicking! Do we have enough food?

3:30 p.m.: (amidst Graham crying and trying to make pasta salad) Why did we decide to do this??

8 p.m.: That was SO FUN! I love having people over. We need to do this more often.


We had fun. We had great conversations, laughs. There ended up only being 5 guests, which was perfect. The food was awesome, the bonfire at the end of the evening was really great. I enjoy hosting and hope to do it more.


Today it's supposed to rain, so we got up early and went on a family walk on the Chessie Trail before it the rain set in.


Nature Boy gnaws on a walnut.



Almost doesn't fit in the Bjorn :(

Comments

  1. I have those thoughts whenever we have people over. Enjoy the rest of your day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Patrick Wilford is Here!

Off the Bookshelf