How Does My Garden Grow? Part 3

Ok, garden blog time. First of all, Ivan came and plowed up my garden spot! He is just so nice. It only took him a few minutes with that thing:




(Can I be honest with you? Behn and I must just be northern yankees, because I pretty much cannot decipher that thick southern dialect that Ivan uses. I catch words here and there "16-hosspower," "use a bullet on them deer," and something about "frost." But yeah, we are definitely not locals.)


Then on Sunday evening Behn helped me put up the rabbit fence. I'm not sure we did it right- it's not very sturdy. I ran out to Lowe's to buy a few more metal stakes to help hold it up. I hope it keeps the bunnies out, but I'm even more worried about thhe deer. I know they already discovered the garden plot (though there's nothing planted yet) because we saw their little deer prints in it. The little jerks. Anyway, I also grabbed a few bags of sod at Lowe's. I mostly want to use the sod on a flower bed I'm making on the backside of the house, where the sun shines all day. I'll mix any leftover sod into the garden as well.


So, the next order of business is laying down the weed cloth and PLANTING. I need to get on this. I do hope it doesn't frost again, but it could. It's been really nice lately, but it's only mid April.


The spindly plants are doing better. I've had them outside everyday and the sunflowers recovered, but I did lose most of the beets. I bought more beet seed and I'll just plant it directly into the ground this time. We'll see how it goes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Off the Bookshelf

Patrick Wilford is Here!