Adoption

Lately I have had my mind and heart on adoption. Yeah, I know, I JUST had a baby, but that's not the point. For years I have felt the calling to adopt, and now that I'm married, my husband also feels that calling. The call is not as strong for him-yet. He's busy providing for us, working hard in grad school, and being a great husband and father. But since last year, we've slowly been saving for the adoption fees. We know adopting is still down the road for us. God hasn't prepared us yet. But in the meantime, I love following the stories of my friends in Christ who are as passionate about adoption as I am. I have been following blogs of friends who are all along the journey- some have their kids at home with them, some have pictures of their kids and are awaiting the day they can pick them up, others are still waiting for referrals or have just begun the process. It's wonderful to be able to pray for them along their journey- and to rejoice along with them when they finally get to hug their child(ren). So exciting! Someday I pray that it will be God's will that Behn and I will be writing on our blog about our adoption story; a story that really has already begun, even in a small way. If God allows us to adopt, we don't know where our child(ren) will come from- maybe somewhere far, maybe somewhere near. Most likely that child isn't even born yet. But his/her parents are somewhere on this earth and the least I can do is pray for them. And I can pray that God will prepare the hearts of Behn, myself, and Graham to love and accept that child whole-heartedly one day. I love that God has planned exactly what will happen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Off the Bookshelf

Patrick Wilford is Here!