The Chest Freezer Story

This story happened last November, during the weekend my Mom was here for my baby shower. I guess I never told you about it then, but they story is good enough to deserve a post. Here goes: My practical, thoughtful SuperMom was thinking that I neede more freezer space, since there are three adults living in this home. She suggested that we get a small chest freezer to put in the basement. I could freeze casseroles, stock up on frozed goods on sale, even keep bread down there. Yes, with the baby on the way, this was a good time to get a chest freezer. So, when she was here for my baby shower, we set out to Kaiser's Used Appliances, where we had gotten our washer and dryer. However when we got there, they were closed because they were on a delivery. Bummer. Oh well, it was a long shot that they would have one anyway. I suggested that we take the scenic back road home. Mom was driving, and as we whizzed past hills and farms, she suddenly gasped and hit the brakes. I was a pretty curious about why we were stopping in the middle of the road (although, there is minimum traffic out here on this road). "Megan, LOOK!" she said and pointed to the small chest freezer sitting on a lawn next to the road. It had a "For Sale" sign taped onto it. "You have got to be kidding me." We pulled into the driveway and in a minute a nice, very chatty lady came out to talk to us. Within moments, I owned a chest freezer. I just cannot believe how things worked out. God is so kind to provide for our every need. The chances that Kaiser's was closed, that we took the back way home, that she spotted the freezer, and that the freezer was even there are all amazing providence. We live in a very rural area, it's sometimes hard to find the things we need, and this lady randomly had a chest freezer for sale on her lawn. Not a dishwasher, a fridge, or a dryer- a small chest freezer. So yeah, the freezer is wonderful. It's in the basement and stocked with bread, vegetables, etc, and when I see it I think of that day, my Mom, and just how God provides.

  • Ugh, by the way, I don't know why dumb Blogger keeps leaving out my spacing. I keep editing it and when I publish, it leaves out the spaces between paragraphs. Sorry it looks so sloppy.

Comments

  1. That is a great testimony about how God provides!!

    Blogger does the same thing to me too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Off the Bookshelf

Patrick Wilford is Here!