Graham's Aunt Hannah

Graham is a very blessed little dude to come from two big families. He already has 7 aunts, with the potential for 3 more, since I still have 3 unmarried brothers.


But his Aunt Hannah (my sister) is a special one to him. Aunt Hannah moved in with us when Graham was just a peanut and I looked like this:



And she spent lots of time patting my belly and talking to Graham, all the way until I looked like this:


Because of Graham's extremely swift delivery, my Mom couldn't make it to the hospital in time, so Hannah got to be in the room and witness Graham's coming into the world. She's a brave soul, that Hannah. I'm glad I didn't have to see it (instead, I had to FEEL it)! But it was such a special night, one that Hannah, Behn and I will always remember. Hannah was one of the very first people that got to meet Graham, even before his grandparents. When Graham came out, the umbilical cord was wrapped around his little neck and he was breathing unusually for a while and they kept him under the heat lamp until he breathed normally. Since I couldn't hold him or get out of bed yet (and I demanded that Behn stand next to me while I was being fixed up), Hannah stood by him and put her hand on his little body, so he knew someone was there. So sweet.

Now Hannah's a lucky girl because she gets to see Graham every day. He enjoys her attention and I like the extra help when she's here. They'll always have a special relationship. Hannah says she's going to be the "cool" aunt that buys him green hair dye when he's 13, but I know she's just kidding. (Right Hannah? You are just kidding???) Often I wish we lived closer to more family, but I am happy Graham can be close to his Aunt Hannah.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Off the Bookshelf

Patrick Wilford is Here!