The Day I Found Out About Baby #2


A year ago today it was my 28th birthday. I hadn't been feeling great, my appetite was off, and I kept joking I was pregnant. But c'mon, I definitely wasn't pregnant. The weekend before we had gone to Greensboro to visit Emily and Seth, and Emily said she didn't feel good either so we almost took pregnancy tests together as a fun sister bonding thing. (What, you don't think it's fun to pee on sticks together with your sister?) But we didn't end up doing that because those things are expensive and, after all, I definitely wasn't pregnant.  Why waste money?

Anyway, back to my birthday. My friend Mary stopped by to wish me happy birthday and bring me some carrot cake. I so enjoyed her visit (we had some awesome friends in Lexington), but for some reason I did NOT want the cake. Oh uh. Megan always wants cake. I knew something was really going on. That evening I went out and got a pregnancy test, but decided not to take it until the next morning. I wanted a good night's rest (I had been really tired lately) and knew if I found out I was pregnant I would be up all night thinking about it.

And so, in the morning I got up and there they were- the 2 pink lines. I was excited, but also scared. I knew this was a huge blessing. I had kind of wanted another baby anyway but figured we'd need medicine like we did last time.  I believed God would take care of us, but we had some health insurance issues at the time, so I was a little nervous about that, and also about our tight finances. I picked up our Christmas card, which had a photo of the 3 of us on it, and showed it to Behn, saying 'I think our Christmas card next year will look a little different.' He did not get what I was trying to tell him, so finally I just said 'I'm pregnant.' We both rejoiced!

And here we are a year later, with 2 cute boys. Patrick is such a blessing. I'm so glad that God saw fit to give him to us. He's just the happiest, most smiley baby. And God provided, as He always does.

And I'm totally eating some cake today.



Comments

  1. According to my nurse friend for the crisis pregnancy center, the dollar store pregnancy tests are just as reliable as the the expensive ones. They just might not show positive as early as the expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool, I need to find a dollar store next time!

      Delete
  2. Love it! Go eat some cake, girl!
    We were surprised by baby #2, too. I remember feeling not quite right, and so I went (in the rain w/ my not-quite-one-year old) to get a test. Then when I took the test it had the plus, but it also had something in the window that showed the test could be malfunctioning. I started throwing up before i could get test #2 - and I knew! haha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Patrick Wilford is Here!

Off the Bookshelf