New Year, New Goals!

I'm back! I definitely took a respite from blogging in December. I just didn't feel up to it, and I don't want the blog to become a chore.

To be honest, I sort of trudged through December in general. There were some wonderful moments and highlights, but so often I felt tired and overwhelmed. I sort of didn't feel like doing the Christmas hoopla this year. I missed our decorations packed away in storage, and many days I found myself too much in a tired fog to think about advent devotionals or gifts. I still haven't sent the Christmas cards out (this is happening TOMORROW.)

There were good memories though. Cousins in Christmas pj's. Family meals. Christmas music. My mom making the house beautiful. Undeserved gifts from those who love me. My cute boys in matching red pj's at the Christmas Eve service, where I stood with the choir and lip-synced because I had pretty much lost my voice during a cold. It was fun to have my brother Tim home and visitors coming around. And we just had a fun trip to Delaware to spend time there and ring in the new year.

Some pictures:
                                                    Christmas pj's for all the cousins:
                                             
                                 And matching red pj's for my boys. They wore them to church on Christmas Eve.

                                                                       Fun new toys

                                                              It snowed in Delaware!


It's a new year now, and I am optimistic about some new goals! I know it's cliche, but I like making lists and resolutions. It's how I roll. And so, I'm going to try to floss more. Run a 10K. Move our little family into our own home (excited about this and also dreading all the work it will be). Eat less meat. Travel somewhere I've never been before. Start having a set time everyday where I do a little Bible lesson with Graham. Read more.

I pray God's hand upon this new year. Time is His and even when the world seems bleak, I believe He holds it all together with His powerful grace and love for us! Cheers!

Comments

  1. I love the red jammies - so cute! And your snow pictures make me almost want snow. Almost

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amanda! The snow was short but sweet. Best kind (no lingering ice or mess)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Patrick Wilford is Here!

Off the Bookshelf