A Sweet Mother's Day Respite

Hello to anyone checking me out from Amanda @ wanderingonpurpose. It was so sweet of her to nominate me for a Liebster Award, and soon I'll do my official Liebster post. When I saw she'd nominated me, I thought about quickly writing up some sort of witty, interesting post to captivate ya'll...but then decided that I'll just be myself and do what I normally do: update the world (read: a few friends and family) about our goings-on.

Last weekend was bliss. A sweet friend of mine, Nancy, from church invited me and a couple of other church friends to spend a night at her parents' lake home at Smith Mountain Lake. I haven't been away from Graham for a night since he was born, so I was very excited about this!

Behn was really sweet and encouraging of the trip, even though it meant he was on daddy-duty for a full 24 hours. He's really great with G, so I wasn't worried one bit.

The lake was amazing! The house was so comfortable! Nancy's parents were incredibly inviting. And the time away to rest...to laugh...to be somewhere fresh...was invaluable.  And we ate well, did we ever. As in, I want steak for dinner every night, please. I got to sleep in, which is a rare treat. And I got to just lounge by the lake, in the sun. I needed the rest so much.

My friend Jenny and I went kayaking, until our arms hurt :)















And then we all went out on the pontoon boat:



We headed home that evening. I'm pretty sure I would've LOVED one more night there, but of course I was happy to see my guys :) Behn and Graham did awesome, by the way. I think I'll go away more frequently ;-)

Mother's Day itself was nice- church, lunch, normal Sunday afternoon hanging out, and then friends for dinner. I felt loved and appreciated, thank you Graham (well, Behn actually). But I do think the best gift really was being able to go to the lake.


Comments

  1. Sunds like you had a fun time! Happy mother's day, again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Meg! I didn't know how else to contact you :) I saw your post on the TFI blog and wanted to connect with you! Feel free to email me at tfi.augusta@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. glad u had such a nice and refreshing time at the lake... little getaways are needed sometimes!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Patrick Wilford is Here!

Off the Bookshelf