Down To The River To Play

Today turned out lovely, a perfect May afternoon. This was most welcome after another rainy Saturday. After G woke up from his nap and had a late lunch, we went on a family walk on the Chessie trail. One of my motivations is I am stinkin' out of shape. Like, bad (skinny-fat). I've been getting winded watering the garden with a watering can- shame on me! So going on a 2 mile walk was perfect and I felt great! We kept the pace up for the first mile and pushed G in his stroller. Then we let him hop out and play down by the river. Homeboy loved it. He threw rocks, splashed, and got his toes wet. And he plopped down on his bottom and got that wet too, but no harm done. Then we walked back, although it was a bit slower the 2nd mile, since G wanted to walk by himself for part of it. He picked up sticks, observed butterflies, and chased the ball he'd brought with him.

I love that my son is outdoorsy. He truly is never more happy than when outside exploring creation. What a great thing for a little boy, to grow up in rural Virginia, amidst mountains and fresh air, clean rivers, cows, and trees, all the while learning of his great and masterful Creator.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Patrick Wilford is Here!

Off the Bookshelf