Sara Watkins Concert and Graham Cuteness

Last night Behn and I hired a babysitter (1st time!) and drove to Roanoke to go to a Sara Watkins concert. It was our early wedding anniversary gift to each other.

It was SO fun!

Seriously, if we could afford it, I'd hire a babysitter once a week for Behn and I to have a date night.

I've loved Sara Watkins ever since she was in Nickle Creek, and I've loved Nickle Creek ever since they existed. So, I guess I was about 16 when I first heard that bluegrass music and it became a part of my soul.

When Nickle Creek decided to go their separate ways, I was entirely bummer. However, all the members have gone on to do their own projects and Sara's solo records are amazing. She just came out with her 2nd one.

Behn and I have seen her twice now (and also saw Nickle Creek twice when they were together). One thing I love is that she plays small venues (I bet she could be playing bigger shows) and always hangs out afterward, so you can say hi and get a picture. Her brother Sean (also from Nickle Creek) often plays and tours with her. They have a great sound together.


The venue, Kirk Avenue Music Hall, was cool. It was small and chill. We got there really early, which was kind of annoying (typical Megan, getting places early), but we got to pick great seats. We opted for 2nd row.


Isn't she so cute? I wanted to put her in my pocket and take her home to be my friend.


^ This is the nonsense I get when I ask Behn to take a picture with me. Clown. 


Best friends, right? Maybe?

So, yeah, we had fun. She played great music, mostly stuff off her 2 albums and a few other songs. Afterwards, Behn and I grabbed some Chick-Fil-A and headed home. And Graham Boy did just fine with the babysitter. I loved coming home to a quiet house and sleeping toddler.

For fun, some pictures of my cute boy. I got him a hat with chin straps at a consignment store in Greensboro. Best investment ever, since he won't wear one if he can take it off. I think he actually likes this one, though. And doesn't he look cute in it? I got the overalls at that store too. 


Oh, and the flip-flops tend to fall off a lot, but he sure looks sweet wearing them.


 Nature Kid loves being outside as much as possible. He also loves toting around this wagon.

Giving DaDa a kiss. He's been very kissy lately. 


Comments

  1. yay for an awesome anniversary present! she looks really sweet :)

    and graham looks so cute in his consignment get up! yay!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Patrick Wilford is Here!

Off the Bookshelf