Manipulation or...?

I just put Graham down for a nap, and heard him fussing a few minutes later...then heard some 'uh-oh's' coming from his room. Went in and he'd dropped his favorite blanket on the floor and needed it back. Am I being manipulated to come back in to his room during nap? Has my son figured out this most human tactic of trickery? Or was it an innocent mistake? :)

Either way, he got his blanket back, and a few extra minutes of cuddles and is now sleeping.

Graham has been so much fun lately. Seriously, Behn and I are loving toddlerhood right now. As my brother-in-law Luke once said about our kids, 'You think they can't get any cuter...and then they do!'

Tidbits:

  • Graham can find his bellybutton and toes on command. He can also say 'toes.'
  • He's into body parts in general. He loves to poke at my eyes, nose, and mouth and have me label them as he does so.
  • Is jibber-jabbering constantly. He thinks he's telling us stories, I think. The other day I was intently telling Behn a story and Graham was in the room and watching me, until he finally chimed in with all his gusto. He was totally mimicking my tone, pretending to be in the conversation, only he was speaking his own language :)
  • Is still in love with balls- his very favorite toy. Ping pong balls, basketballs, baseballs, any kind. I went away for a night over the weekend (next post), and Behn got him a giant plastic ball while I was gone. He loves it!
  • He loves looking at pictures of family. He can even point to a few people when I tell him to ('where's nana?'- he points)
  • Is following instructions well. Will get a book, pick up food off the floor, etc, when told. He's learning a little bit of cleaning up!
  • Says "mmmmm!!" with all his might when enjoying his food.
  • Pretends/tries to sing! And vaguely does the Itsy Bitsy Spider hand motions. 
I am so thankful for this first little boy, who made me a mama. I love him SO much! What a precious gift! And I do not take all his amazing social and verbal developments lightly, after working with kids with disabilities. I'm thankful he's healthy and just how God made him!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Patrick Wilford is Here!

Off the Bookshelf