The Overwhelmed Mom (that's me)

Remember earlier in the year when I said having 2 little boys was getting easier? And that having a 3.5 year old was awesomesauce? I take it back.

We are in a hard phase right now. Why? You tell me. I'd really like to know.

Whew, it's been so hard lately. It's concerning. Without going into too much detail, just know that I'm exhausted. I feel under attack. I feel alone.

I'll read a blog or book that makes me laugh- that finds the humor in this mess of early childhood. It's good. I need that. I laugh. I feel a little less alone.

Then I'll read a blog or book that encourages me. Something Biblical, that reminds me this is a spiritual battle, a calling, and that all the hard is worthwhile. I feel inspired and for 5 minutes I try to be like Michelle Duggar, with her gentle voice praising her 'little ones.'

And then there's a tantrum and whining and fighting and the house is trashed and I crash.

Ugh.

I'm just being real here. I don't know if I should put all this out there, but considering like 5 people read this, I think it's ok.

I wrote this out and put it in my living room 2 years ago. I think it's time to memorize it again.

"Seek the LORD and His strength; seek His presence continually! Remember the wondrous works that He has done..." -Psalm 105: 4-5a

He is good. He's brought us so far. There are so many worries in the world, but HE is our constant. He gave us Himself. He loves us. My prayer is to keep this all in my heart, and to encourage this in my husband and in my kids' hearts.

In the hard: to God be the glory!

Comments

  1. Amen! And thank you for being real. Random, but I just started following a new blog and your words made me think that maybe you will find some encouragement in this mama's words too:

    http://www.mommysmetime.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jess! I'm glad to be real. I'll check out that blog you suggested- always looking for new writing!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Off the Bookshelf

Patrick Wilford is Here!