Because It's October and There Are So Many Good Things

My last post was heavy and honest. BUT there are so many good things going on, too! Let's talk about that for a bit!

First of all, it's October. The middle of autumn on the east coast, and it's lovely. The leaves are peaking and the cool air has come and pumpkins abound.

Here's something cool that happened: last weekend, my parents kept the kids for 2 days and a night! How great is that? The kids did well (I'm told) and Behn got to go camping with his brother while I got to spend a night with 2 of my best friends. It was SO GOOD to see Kiri again for the first time since she moved abroad. And it was also SO GOOD to see my friend Dee for the first time in a year. I needed to be with my friends. We drank wine and talked about everything. It was pretty amazing.

(I want to insert a picture here. Dee and Kiri, you have to tell me if it's ok because the only pic I have is the one I took a minute before I left and we all have bedhead. You still are very pretty, though ;-))

And it was nice to have a break from my babes and be happy to see them again. I'm grateful to my parents for that!

Let's see... we've been making faces on pumpkins:



...and Patch got his face glued (nothing serious):


...and the leaves are changing:


...and sometimes this magic happens (rare):


...and some mornings, we get up and out of the house as soon as possible for the sake of SANITY and it just doesn't matter if it's soggy. We need fresh air and life breathed into our lungs:




I think I need to blog more. It helps me count the graces. It reminds me of the beauty and the joy.

I hope you are having a lovely October, too :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Off the Bookshelf

Currently (what's up right now)

Patrick Wilford is Here!