September Recap, Now That It's October

It's lovely October. It's a Friday night and the house is a mess and I think Behn fell into a deep sleep while he was putting Graham to bed. These are tiring days, with all the work and running around and the endless children's energy.

Fall is here, and the days have been perfect: chilly evenings paired with warm afternoons. The first of the leaves are changing and falling and little Graham has been especially excited to collect acorns this year.

I didn't write much in September; that wasn't on purpose! My goodness, how full life is with 2 active boys! I can barely sit down to drink a cup of coffee and pray or eat a meal, let alone type out any coherent thoughts. We are always on the move in this house!

September was full of the good things. For one, we had a bunch of family visit. 6 out of the 8 siblings in my family were here in town. We met up at the county fair, then the next day had a family lunch and baby shower for my brother and sister-in-law. I wish I had taken pictures. I used to be great at taking pictures; not in the quality of them, but that I actually used to remember to take my camera out and document things. Good thing my Mom takes a lot of pics. Anyway, we had a great time with family, although it was too short. We also got to welcome a new, adorable niece into the world in September :)

Last weekend we went back to Virginia to visit friends. Traveling with kids is crazy hard. Those of you who have done 14 hour road trip or flown with kids- my hat is off to you. Because 4 hours in the car is enough for me. BUT let me say that the boys did really great overall on our trip and we made sweet memories. We trotted all over Lexington and saw so many of our old friends, as well as meeting up with a new friend (hi Lauren!). We drove up the parkway to look at the mountains and we went on one of our old favorite trails and had like 4 playdates. And we also enjoyed worshiping at our old church.

We had the BEST donuts ever at our favorite spot- Pure Eats!



Downtown Lex


The beauty of the mountains never fails to inspire me. 



We walked down to the river. It was peaceful.





Being in Lexington felt like home in a lot of ways; but as always is was also good to come back to our current home in Maryland. We are grateful to God for safe travels and darling memories.

And here we are at the end of a busy week full of lovely weather, delicious beef pot pie, lots of working, and one day where I caught my child's throw up in my own hands- twice (he's better now and so far no one else caught it!).

Hello, October.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Off the Bookshelf

Patrick Wilford is Here!