Girls Weekend

My tutoring gig today got cancelled at the last minute due to traffic, which leaves me with a tiny sliver of a moment to try and catch up on this here blog. Remember when I said that lately things have been getting easier with the kids? I really think that's true BUT they nap much less than they used to so I can barely sit down and write anymore. I'll try to do better. I don't want to forget these years!

Last weekend I had the wonderful opportunity to go away- for FOUR days- with my beautiful mom and sisters. We met up at my sister Olivia's place in Virginia and made our way around Hampton, Williamsburg and Virginia Beach. Oh my! It was so fun and refreshing! I know we all needed this. It couldn't have been done with my mom being so generous and making it all possible for us.










We made some awesome memories and had some hilarious conversations. We talked about our dreams, our worries, our stories, our lives, our families, our hopes, our faith. There was a good amount of hilarity as well. There's something special about my mom and sisters. I can be comfortable around family. We get each other. We support each other. Not everyone can say that about their family, so I am grateful.

We hope to make a yearly tradition, to get away and be together.

God is GOOD. I love my sisterhood (Mom, you count as one of the sisters).



P.S.  It also couldn't have been possible with out my husband and his sweet parents holding down the fort at home. They not only took care of the boys, they got a BUNCH of house projects done. Yay! Thanks, husband and Mom and Dad T!

Comments

  1. what fun, glad you all had a get away together :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Off the Bookshelf

Patrick Wilford is Here!