Goal Update

I wanted to drop in to re-evaluate the goals I made in January. We've done well with some of them, and not as well with others.


  • Drink more water- I can do better! But I have been more conscientious about it.
  • Save money on food (through a variety of ways). January was horrible. I was ashamed to do so poorly on this goal in the first month. But February was much better, and not just because it was a short month, but because we really are saying 'no' more often to alcohol and cheap takeout. We are throwing away less leftovers (room for improvement, though). I am hoping to do even better in March!
  • Eat more veggies. Yep. Going well.
  • Adopt a dog. This almost happened already, but didn't. We really feel like we need a fence first. But if the perfect dog comes along before then, we will make an exception.
  • Build a fence. Bought the first few posts and rails this weekend! Just need winter to go away so we can put them up!
  • Garden. Too early to do this, but really need to order my seeds. Like, today.
  • Serve more. Trying. 
  • Rise early. Ya'll, I've been trying so hard. I set my alarm for, say 6:12 a.m. and no joke, one or both of the kids will wake at 6:10. I know the sun is coming up earlier, but honestly, it's been discouraging. I feel like it might be a spiritual attack. I just want 10-15 minutes of prayer and Bible time and coffee and in the quiet of the day and I cannot get it. The kids just started waking this early when I made the goal. It's seriously crazy. I don't know if I just need to start rising at 5:45? That's so early, though!
  • And in February I wanted to work out for 28 days (lol!). To be fair, I got the stomach bug TWICE in February (nope. not pregnant. I know you were thinking it.) Plus I just had one really bad week with the kids where I was consumed by keeping us all alive and sane that working out got shelved. That being said, I definitely worked out at least 14 days- so 1/2 the time! That's 100% more than I was working out before.  My metabolism boosted and I got into a good habit. 
That's it. Sorry, boring post. Just need to keep myself accountable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Patrick Wilford is Here!

Off the Bookshelf