On Boys

I always knew I wanted boys. Ever since I nannied 2 little boys in college, I longed for my own little man to dress in flannel shirts and blue jeans. Not being too much of a girly girl myself, I figured it would go well for me to skip princesses and tutus, at least for a while.

Graham, fall 2012. Flannel and cords are a favorite on little boys.


I was pretty excited about Graham being a boy. And, he was all boy, playing with balls and dirt like he was meant to.


Then I found out I was pregnant again. This time I thought, "maybe I'm ready for a girl..." but the minute I found out that Patrick was a boy, I was thrilled. I was going to give Graham a brother. Recycled clothes and toys. Rough and tumble, lifelong best buddies.


They are 3 and 1 now. They play and fight. They shoot hoops together and wrestle all the time. The house is filled with every kind of ball imaginable, cars and trucks. It's a loud home, full of noise and life. I've embraced the mess and noise (some of the time), and I love them, these boys, these brothers. And they love me, fiercely. It's amazing how little boys really do love their mama so intensely. I can scarcely leave the room without a chorus of 'mama!' behind me.



And though someday I do hope to add a girl to the mix, for now, my heart is full.


Comments

  1. So sweet! I was nervous about having my boy, but you make me realize I can do it :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Patrick Wilford is Here!

Off the Bookshelf