Spending Time As A Family of 3

Well, baby boy 2 is due in about two months. Behn and I have been spending lots of extra special time with our Graham Boy. Soon things will change and there will be 4 of us out and about! It's going to be an adjustment for this little guy...he is very used to getting all of mama and dada's attention.

River Baby:




We had a little campfire last night. It was lovely being able to be outside and not dying from the heat.

Watching Daddy build the fire:



Antagonizing Stray Kitty:

This lucky boy was allowed to have some marshmallows...


...and some chocolate.

Family is just so important. I can't believe how much more I realize this after becoming a mother. I love Graham so much, and when he hurts, I hurt. I cannot fathom him being hungry or in pain. And yet, so, so many children are without family. Without attachment. Without basic care. Without sweet summer memories of splashing in the river or enjoying s'mores. It is heartbreaking and I pray God quickly brings us to the day when we can adopt some children.

There has been a lot going on in my family. One brother off to Air Force Basic Training. Another brother in a car accident (thankfully he's ok). Another brother also at continues Air Force training. A sister overseas. Another sister about to get married. Parents celebrating 30 years of marriage. They are each so important to me. And even though I am often distracted by the ins and outs of daily life, I am so thankful for each member of my family.

Comments

  1. Enjoy your time as a family of three - but you will love having another. I can't remember life before G was added. :)
    I think the same things about the kids' without families. Praying God would open doors for us soon. (We are praying for certification classes this fall to be open for us).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Patrick Wilford is Here!

Off the Bookshelf