Back Home and Back to Reality

Whew! We have had such a busy past few weeks! Last Friday night there was a huge storm (if you live in the mid-Atlantic...you know about it) that knocked out our- and everyone else's- power. The nice thing was, we were already planning to visit my family in Maryland, so the next morning we surveyed the damage in the yard (several big trees down- so glad we rent!) and then packed up and headed to a wonderful place where there was electricity and plumbing.

We had a nice time in MD. The great thing was, we were there to visit; to just spend a few days with the people we love. No agenda. No commitments. Just lots of time watching tv in the air conditioning, eating together, catching up with Grandma and Grandpa, and celebrating. Graham already had a bond with my mom because of the Ohio trip, and also got to enjoy getting to know my Dad better. He also had fun with his uncles and Aunt Hannah. On Tuesday, Behn and I enjoyed tapping into some free babysitting and went out for a nice dinner on Solomon's Island at DiGiovanni's (where we had our rehearsal dinner). It was so relaxing to sit and eat without a toddler.  On the 4th, Mom pulled off a great feast of fajitas with all the fixin's and we celebrated my brother Tim's upcoming leaving for the Air Force and my brother Aaron's birthday.


We got home yesterday morning. Poor Behn had to work after getting up at 5 a.m. and driving home, but he cheered up when he found out that he passed his End of Program Exam! Hooray for nearly having his Master's degree!


Annnnd, we're back to reality here. Thankfully we do have power. I am never taking that for granted again. I've just spent the morning tossing nearly everything in the refrigerator away. Ugh, I hate throwing out food. I'm too cheap for that, but there wasn't too much damage actually. Since we don't buy or eat much meat, there wasn't any of that to waste, and actually overall we didn't have a lot in the freezer or fridge anyway. But of course, before one goes and refills the refrigerator, it only makes sense to clean it first. So, I have had a busy morning cleaning the fridge, shopping for food, and in general settling back into our little house. It doesn't help much that my cute little guy loves me SO much that he has to be 2 feet from me at all times. Love him to pieces, but all this traveling has made him too clingy for my taste. Here's hoping he settles into home quickly.


And I'm tired now, always. Because I'm about 7 months pregnant and it's hot. And so, doing any normal activity, such as shopping or fridge-cleaning or watering the plants makes me want to take a nap.


Still, I am so glad to be home and that Willie at Kroger always helps me load up my car with my groceries and tells me and everyone else to 'have a wooooonderful day.' Bless his heart :)  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Patrick Wilford is Here!

Off the Bookshelf