Long, Hot Summer Days..

Yes, it's been pretty mediocre around here. And hot. Poor Graham Boy gets sooooo bored at home because I don't want to go outside- at least not for very long- and he is sick of his toys and books. I need to get more creative. Like, one day I let him play with a bowl of water and toss some flour into it. A mess-maker? Yep, but he loved it. And many days now, we are home. Because: a.) the car is broken (again), so often we're 'stuck' and b.) I don't want to go out sometimes. Weird, I know! I usually love going out, I get stir-crazy being home. But lately, going out means effort. And staying home means nesting. This house is seriously starting to look decent and organized.

I had some friends over last night to celebrate my friend Jenny's birthday. I forget how fun it is to host! I really do love it. We did appetizers; dips actually. So not only was it easy and delicious, when I got up today my house was orderly from my cleaning-because-company-is-coming-over frenzy. And to boot, I have leftover spinach artichoke dip that I am seriously lovin' on.

But really, it has been a long summer. Behn's job and school have been very tiring. We need a vacation (not happening). The charm of being pregnant (does that exist?) has faded and I just want to meet this boy. 7 more weeks until that is supposed to happen.

Don't get me wrong, I know we are so, so blessed. When I want to start a pity party for myself (this happens often), all I have to do it spend a few minutes counting my blessings, giving thanks, and thinking about how wonderful we really do have it. Keeping a global perspective helps so much. So many people suffer daily, just trying to survive. But even more important is keeping a Christ-perspective. This just doesn't come naturally to a sinner's heart, but when my joy comes from Him, it is unwavering. It's joy that overlooks broken cars, tight budgets, monotonous days, bursting rib cages (baby is totally busting my innards right now).

It's true fulfillment and I only pray to crave Him more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Patrick Wilford is Here!

Off the Bookshelf