Back from Ohio...and Heading to Maryland!

It's been awhile since I've written...in Ohio I didn't have wifi, so I didn't spend much time on the computer. Which was really, very refreshing!  But I do want to document the trip a bit.

Going to Ohio to see Grandma and other relatives was just right. I'm so glad I had to opportunity to do that! I loved all the time with my mom, too; and Graham got to bond with his "Nana." The driving there (and back) was a little tricky with a toddler, but thanks to a bag of toys, DVD player, books, crayons, and dum-dums, he did pretty well. Once we got to Ohio, he was very clingy all week; I've never heard the word 'mama' more in my life. Eventually he warmed up to everyone else, especially my mom. Graham also struggled with sleeping while we were there. He got a bad cold which affected things, but also just being in a new room and new bed made it hard for him to adjust. He and I took a lot of naps together.

We had a lot of fun eating really good food, shopping, flea marketing, and just being together. I really enjoyed spending time with my sweet, generous, wise grandmother. We did get a family 4 generation picture  together, but it's on mom's camera. I'll have to be sure to get a hold of that because it's totally frame-worthy! I wish I had taken more pics, especially of Graham and Grandma (although I doubt Graham would have cooperated- he was so clingy to me!). Here are a few other pictures though:

Checking out horses next door to my aunt's house:

Kisses from Nana:

Hanging out on the swing at my uncle's house:

This is what happened pretty much anytime I was out of sight:

Family. Summertime:

Behn survived the week alone and is now DONE with his giant End of Program exam. We've enjoyed several days home, back into our routine, but tomorrow morning we are headed to Maryland to spend some time with my family before my brother Tim heads off to boot camp. Here we go again!

Comments

  1. yay! glad you went, wish i could have gone too

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a fun trip! glad you survived the road trip. we are making our big family vacation "rotation" in 2 weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it was a fun time by all! Glad you could have that special time with family and Graham. Those trips are tough! We did the 13 hour Georgia trip with Isaac when he was 9 months, it had its moments that's for sure! But they get easier as they grow! Where in Maryland is your family? Anything Maryland spikes my interest these days.. Maybe we'll end up close to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They live in Southern Maryland...St. Mary's County. It's pretty, but quite built up due to a naval base being here.

      Delete
    2. Ahh we're thinking about the Eastern Shore. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Patrick Wilford is Here!

Off the Bookshelf