Graham's First...

...stomach bug!

What a stinky (literally) weekend. Behn came home really, really sick from work on Friday morning. He was in bed (and bathroom) with a stomach virus all day. I kept the babies downstairs and prayed the rest of us wouldn't get it. Friday night, since Behn was sleeping, I put Graham to bed and then Hannah and I went out with some friends for dessert. This mama NEEDED a girl's night!! When we got back, Hannah and I watched a movie, talked and then called it a night around 12:30 (VERY late for me). I went to check in G before turning in, and he was peacefully sleeping...in a puddle of puke! Poor, stinky boy! Behn helped me change the sheets and wash him, and then he slept with us the rest of the night, so I could monitor his stomach. He seemed fine, but in the morning threw up again. Anyways, long story short, I thought he was doing better, but last night and this morning, he has experienced the "other" portion of the illness. Needless to say, I'm not using cloth diapers today. Behn's still feeling bad too, and now Hannah is as well. Call me Nurse Meg. I just know I'm gonna get it tomorrow when everyone's back at work and I'm all alone. The house needs to be disinfected and I need to burn some strong candles. No church for any of us today.

It's just a bummer that the highlight of the weekend will most likely be the trip to the grocery store I just had. Still, I'm going to be thankful that:

-no one is really very sick. This is just a bug and will pass.
-we are warm and safe in our little house.
-we have access to doctors if we need them.
-I'm not sick (yet)
- for gingerale, clean diapers, and having a clothes washer/dryer

In other news, I am positively rejoicing for my friend and former housemate Lauren Merritt and her family! They are adopting, and their new son was born yesterday morning. They are in Memphis now to pick him up. Praying that all the details of the adoption will work out in these next few days, for health and safety of all involved, for the heart of this sweet, sweet birthmother who has made the choice of adoption, and for a smooth transition for baby Levi and the Merritts.

Comments

  1. I'm sorry. I know how much sickness can drain you. Praying everyone gets/stays healthy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad u guys are starting to feel better! see ya this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Patrick Wilford is Here!

Off the Bookshelf