A Very Good Day, Nonetheless

When I woke up this morning, the sun was shining and the air was a perfect temperature. I looked out the window at the mountains, and felt the Appalachian Trail calling my name. I wanted to hike Bluff Mountain. I mentioned it to Behn, but he was skeptical. Graham is getting heavy and even though we love our Baby Bjorn, it isn't a hiking pack. You really need something that will hoist your kid on your back and make it easier to trudge up the hill.

So we didn't go up the mountain. Let me just say this, you really give up many things when you have kids. Everyone tells you that. This is just one little example. Life becomes based around naptimes and feedings and any 'extra' money easily finds a new home in baby necessities (must take note though, that we were given nearly EVERYTHING we needed for baby by friends and family). It is hard. But it is worth it. And we really love our little blessing.

Still, no mountain climbing, canoeing, or horseback riding for me. For a while at least.

The day was NOT to be wasted though! First Behn and I took Graham on some local trails (Baby Bjorn can handle those). Then after lunch, I ran 3 miles on another trail while Behn walked Graham in the stroller. We met up at a spot where there's a bunny trail to the river and I went for a refreshing dip. Graham got to get his little toes wet in the Maury River for the first time!

It ended up being a great day. A family, outdoorsy day, enjoying this place where we live and the creation that God made. Thank You, Lord, for days like these- I don't take them for granted.

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Off the Bookshelf

Patrick Wilford is Here!