Thankful

Things haven't been easy lately. God never said life would be easy though. I'm often exhausted from watching the babies all day and then having to go do respite care. Graham is in a funk where's he's extremely attached to me, which makes it hard to get stuff done around the house or to put him down for a nap, and makes it really hard for Behn when he has to watch him so I can go work or go to the grocery store. My attitude can quickly become sour and frustrated, because I am weak and sinful.

Praise the Lord for grace on days when babies are fussy, money is tight, and it's 97 degrees outside.


Today I am thankful:


  • that my family is healthy

  • that Graham is learning to sit up- and that he's a healthy, sweet little boy

  • for God's provision for our needs. Yes, it's a struggle at times, but we are never hungry and our bills are paid.

  • that we live in a beautiful and spacious rental- more than we need

  • that I have clean water to drink

  • for a friend suggesting we have a picnic with our boys on Friday and for Hannah's company this week since she's not starting her job until Monday (I'm still struggling a bit with SAHM loneliness)

  • that when I walked outside this morning, I saw that one of my sunflowers had bloomed

  • for a hard-working and loving husband

  • for Behn's birthday coming up

  • for our anniversary trip to Williamsburg coming up next weekend

There's so much more that I am thankful for...too much to list.


Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Off the Bookshelf

Patrick Wilford is Here!