Memorial Day Weekend and What's Up Now

So...Memorial Day weekend. We had NO plans (that's how lame we are). So when Emily and Seth called us and asked us to meet them in Maryland at my parents house, we decided to go. We left Saturday afternoon and left Monday morning. We suprised my parents, siblings, and grandparents! They were all happy to see us and we were happy to see them. We got to celebrate Em's birthday and Behn and Seth got some quality brother time in. Sometimes it's hard for me to be flexible, because I'm a planner, but I'm really glad we went.

And this is what's going on:

I orginally planned to start G on solid food at 6 months, but I took another part-time respite care job and have to be out of the house 1-2 evenings a week RIGHT when Graham is getting ready for bed and needs that last feeding. And I just can't keep up with pumping enough milk for those evenings, plus the weekends when I do respite care for 7 hours. (I know you all realllly wanted to know about my pumping situation). So I figured it might be time to fill his belly with something other than milk, especially on those long Saturdays when I'm gone and Behn often runs out of milk. Anywho, I'm planning on making my own baby food since it's not hard at all. I tried bananas a few weeks ago, but poor Graham got a weird rash all over his torso that lasted for like 10 days! I don't know if the rash was from bananas, the heat, laundry detergent (switching to natural for his clothes now), or something else. But it's gone now, and we're sticking with rice, which he likes. Might try some avacado in a day or two.


Baby F is needing his bottle now, gotta go!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Off the Bookshelf

Patrick Wilford is Here!