Ye Cool Springs (Meg Ventures Out With 3)

Samuel is a little over a month old now. He's growing fast, already up to 9 lbs, 7 oz. The overall adjustment of life is going well. Yesterday was Graham's last day of school and his PreK graduation (that deserves it's own post) so now... I'm home all day with the 3.

I didn't get much 'rest' after Sammy was born. How could I? Even with help...there's so much to do, and the boys are so active. And so, I quickly found myself in the normal routine, just now with a baby along. I press forward, coffee in hand.

Since school is over, today was the perfect day to hit up the library with all 3. Graham hasn't been in a while because I usually go with Patrick while G is at school. The library went really well! The big boys are mature enough to actually play well and not run off. Baby slept in his carseat the whole time.

Afterward, we decided to go for a walk in the trail next to the library. It's paved, and Graham rode his bike and Patrick rode his scooter while I carried Sammy in a carrier on my chest. We walked a while and then I suggested we cross the street to a grassy area that's open to the public. We've never walked over there, but I'd seen a sign for "Ye Cool Springs"- the site of a natural spring that long ago was believed to heal. As we crossed the street, we could see the actual park where the spring was. I can't believe we'd never noticed before! It was lovely. A perfect place to explore on a pretty spring day.




Due to the rain and also the natural spring, it was marshy and we all got our shoes wet, but it was worth it to spend time in this haven.




The story ends with tired Patrick wailing the last 10 minutes of the walk back to the car while I carried his scooter and dragged him along. (He is now napping). Well, at least Graham did well on his bike. Ya win some, ya lose some.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Patrick Wilford is Here!

Off the Bookshelf