Trader Preschool: Week One


Since the preschool the boys go to is over for the summer, I decided we needed to keep some structure in our summer days. And so, Trader Preschool was invented.  I did most of the planning while I had help after Sammy was born. Now, before anyone thinks I'm some sort of organized, fun mom, please know that we are doing this: 1. for our sanity 2. as easily as possible. "Preschool" lasts about an hour a day, 4 days a week and it's mostly reading books and playing a few games. I thought up some themes, pinned a few crafts (I hate crafts), and bought a calendar for Circle Time.

The official schedule is-
1. Tidy Up
2. Bible Time
3. Circle Time
4. Activity (Usually a game like Red Light, Green Light. Something to get them moving).
5. Workbook time (mostly for G)
6. Snack
7. Craft



I'm also planning a lot of outings (all the parks, playdates, beach, strawberry picking, etc) to keep our days full. They are so energetic and need that! I'm also enforcing a daily "rest time"- 30 minutes in their room- that so far hasn't been too restful (lots of fighting, mess making). Hoping they get the hang of it and simmer down.

This week went well. We had a "Safari" theme. We read Safari books and each day had a Safari hunt with these little critters that I picked up.




We made a few crafts. They ate animal crackers.  It went pretty well, and even though at moments I got frustrated and they did not listen, I can tell it was good for all of us. I hope I can stay organized and stick with it.



Lion mask. Obviously. (Told ya I hate crafts).


Not cooperating (ha):

Cheers to summer!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Patrick Wilford is Here!

Off the Bookshelf