On A Cold Winter's Day

A new year, a cold winter's day. I scramble for quiet, and have a long list of to-do's.

I love the beginning of the year, with fresh optimism and possibility. I started writing a new year's resolution post, but it was so boring I deleted it. The only read resolution I have this year, really, is to try raising chickens. Maybe in the spring.

And now before us the cold and dark of winter. The long days with stir-crazy kids and trying to think up something to do, and all the while just feeling sleepy.

But it will be ok. There's chili in the crock pot and clean laundry to fold. I am blessed in the monotony and my cup is full. (Literally. Cup is full of coffee. I'm going to go drink it now.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Off the Bookshelf

Patrick Wilford is Here!