On Running, Friends, and Cool Weather

As I sit here blogging, Graham is next to me enjoying a Graham cracker :)

There's a 10K (6 mile) race coming up in November- the Lexington to Buena Vista 10K- the oldest footrace in Virginia. I remember seeing people running it last year when I was 7 1/2 months pregnant and wishing I could run with them. I really miss running! I just don't have time for it anymore, not with 2 babies to watch all day everyday, plus all my evenings full with either mine or Behn's obligations. Back in May/June I started getting up early to run and worked my way back to 4 miles, but then the weather got hot and I got more busy and that was that.

A while ago, a friend offered to let me borrow her double jogging stroller. I didn't take her up on it at the time, but when I was reminded about the upcoming 10K I thought it would be fun to start running again now that the weather is cool. Behn and I picked up the stroller last night, it looks kinda like this:


So, once the flat tires are filled again, I'm gonna start taking the boys on runs! Pushing around 50 lbs of baby butt will get me in good shape! My sis Emily from Emily Running Wild will be so impressed!! Hopefully after training with the stroller, but running the race without it, I'll just breeze up those hills on Route 60.



Tonight we're having friends over for an early dinner and then going to a bonfire at another friend's house. It's such a blessing to be in good company! We've made some really wonderful new friends lately. And this cool weather is just perfect for bonfires. I'll make sure to take a pic of Graham in his camouflage GAP hoodie. He is just so cute in it.



Happy Saturday!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Patrick Wilford is Here!

Off the Bookshelf