October Snow and Home Part 3

This is what we awoke to today:


How unusual to have snow so early! Of course, now it's all melted and it's sunny out. Much more like October is 'supposed' to be. But it was pretty while it lasted, the powdered sugar dusting on bright autumn leaves.


Graham was intrigued.

We stayed cozy for a while, skyped with Emily and Seth, and then went to Lexington for doughnuts at a new place that just opened. They were good! It was a nice morning.

Remember a long, long time ago, before Graham came along, I started making posts about our home? I finally took pictures of our guest room and thought I'd post them. A guest room is a luxury but it has come in so handy, especially during the time G was born. I like this little room. It's sweet and sunny.


I bought the duvet cover a while ago...it was on sale at Kohls. I bought it online and liked it when it came in the mail, but since then I realize that it's really not my 'style.' I prefer a country look. I sort of wish I had gone with a quilt, but it's ok. In a few years this can be G's bedding, as it's somewhat masculine. In the meantime, it's just fine as guest bedding.



The room has a little closet as well. One day when we perhaps own our own place, I have in my mind what I would like the guest room to look like, but for now, this one is just fine and I'm grateful for the extra space. It's also "Frankie's Room," where he sleeps for naps.

Maybe I'll post pics of G's room soon!

Comments

  1. Having such a warm inviting room is a blessing, 'angels unawares' who knows when.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over the years we've had many people, strangers, family and friends live with us for many different lengths of time from a few days to more than a year, many were angels at one time or another and we didn't realize it. I received more benefit than they even though, at first, it was the action of helping them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Patrick Wilford is Here!

Off the Bookshelf