Adoption Post

There are some days that I feel that longing to feel another little child kicking me inside. Or days that I wish we could begin filling out the mountain of paperwork involved in an adoption. And then God reminds me (very clearly) that I need to be faithful with what He has given me- a sweet little boy who needs love, attention, and for his heart to be pointed to Christ. I've also been given the responsibility to care for another little one for 45 hours a week. I need to not only care for his physical needs but also teach him to share and make him laugh and also point his little heart to Christ. These are huge responsibilities! They are enough for now.

And sometimes I wonder why I never was able to get a job in foster care/adoption, like my heart desired. Seton Villa was the closest I got, and it was wonderful but short-lived. Graduating college in a recession was part of that, and moving was part of that and having Graham was part of that. So I ask myself, how can I advocate for the orphan?

Occasionally Behn and I can give a little pocket change to another family raising money to bring their kids home, and we also can slowly save for the day when we begin an adoption. I can share on Facebook or this little blog fundraisers like this one, pray for families yearning to go get their child, and rejoice when my adopting friends get good news like my friends the Merritts who found out yesterday that they were chosen by a birthmother! Praise God!

I guess for now that's what I can do to advocate for orphancare. Maybe one day I'll be able to be more actively involved but for now I need to care for the little ones in my home and keep praying for those God may give to us one day, both through adoption and biologically, as He wills.

Comments

  1. I so understand!! I've been longing for another little one lately too and God is reminding me to be content and trust his plan. For now I am delighting in my one little boy and hoping that there are more in the future. But I definitely understand that feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking those exact thoughts recently!!! We really want to adopt....or do something.....to help the many many children who dont have anything. But just giving a little money doesn't feel like enough....I want to do more, now!!, but its just not the right time right now:( And I have to remind myself to be content in all the wonderful responsibilities that I have now and not waste my time dreaming. But at the same time I want to always remember the orphans and be preparing for the possibility that someday, hopefully in the not-too-terribly distant future, we will be able to do more. Anyway, it is encouraging for me to see you sharing my passion:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Patrick Wilford is Here!

Off the Bookshelf