How Does My Garden Grow- Tomatoes Coming Out of My Ears

Ok, so I'm a first-time gardener, right? Clearly I am. And since I'm honest about my garden endeavors on this blog, do I have a story for you

I've been excited to see my radish plants growing well. I have a whole row of them, and can't wait to pull some up and add them to a fresh salad. That's me, the Radish Queen. After some research and my grandpa's advice, I decided that I should pull up a radish today and see if they're ready to harvest. After all, I didn't want the roots to get too fibrous and stringy.

So out to the garden I went, with an audience of two (irritated) little boys. Up came the 'radish' plant. It came out too easily. And guess what? There was NO red bulb in the root. I sniffed the plant, and then suddenly it dawned on me that I am an idiot. The entire row of "radishes" is indeed a row of tomato plants. I must have mislabeled them on the trays when they were planted! To make matters worse, I also realize that I must have never planted any radishes at all. Now, you must think I am some kind of dummy to not know the difference between a radish and a tomato. I sure think I'm a dummy, but at least I have a good story to tell about my 1st garden.

Now, WHAT in the WORLD am I going to do with 10 tomato plants??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Patrick Wilford is Here!

Off the Bookshelf