Cathey Girls Getaway 2016

Back in the summer of 2014, we 5 Cathey ladies (my mom and the 4 of us daughters) all got together and spent a long weekend away. It was so fun, and we knew we wanted to go for it again. This time it was winter, not summer, but we still had JUST as much fun. Big thanks to my mom for her sweet generosity and my sister Emily who really helped with the planning.

This time we ventured to Alexandria, VA on the coldest weekend ever. We started by meeting up for lunch and then shopping at the Outlets near National Harbor all day (Saturday). Being 30 weeks pregnant, I didn't buy any clothes, but really enjoyed everyone's company and watching my pretty sisters try on clothes. Later on, we got to our hotel and then took the complimentary shuttle to a fun Mexican restaurant. It was freezing out, so afterwards we pretty much just went back to the hotel for the night.

Next day we took the shuttle to King Street for a long day of walking and shopping. There were so many fun boutiques, shops, and restaurants. I ended up scoring some deals at a thrift store and finding a few things at some other shops. I'm generally not a big shopper, but the laughs and fellowship of my mom and sisters made the day incredibly fun. I did end up with a few pretty headbands, too! I think the most fun was EATING, though. I mean, I am pregnant...although these days there's not too much room for food. We enjoyed gourmet pizza for lunch and a French cafe for mid-afternoon snack. Later on, we all warmed up in our hotel and got burgers for dinner (Olivia and I went out on a mission to pick them up on the other side of town...). Cozy night in.

Pizza!



French Cafe:




Monday morning we woke to snow, but we knew we wanted to do just a few more things. I had my pregnant heart set on going to an Irish pub back on King Street, so we all piled in Mom's car and drove there. Delicious! We even got to sit in front of a warm fire. After that, we went back to a store we had enjoyed the day before, and then said our goodbyes back at the hotel. I'm glad that currently we all live relatively near each other, and should all be together soon for Aaron and Autumn's wedding.

Snowy Day


Pub!



Love you, ladies!


Comments

  1. Love you too Meg! this was a realllly great weekend and a welcome distraction from missing Ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you too Meg! this was a realllly great weekend and a welcome distraction from missing Ben

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Off the Bookshelf

Patrick Wilford is Here!