Third Trimester: The Countdown Begins

From my doctor's appointment today:


I am now over a week into the third trimester. Baby boy constantly reminds me of himself with his squirms, hiccups, and kicks. I found myself tearing up at my doctor's appointment today, thinking of how blessed we are to be doing this again. I've had more conflicted emotions this time around. The boys are out of diapers and in preschool. I'm a little older. We still have a very tight budget. And yet, I get to do this again: carry life. Any sadness I felt about not having a daughter has dissipated as I look forward to my son. I love, love little boys.

We are not ready yet, though. His nursery has been a dumping ground for stuff we were selling at a yard sale at the kids' school. The yard sale is over, so now we need to take down the twin bed and bring in the crib and a dresser. The room was painted last year, so it's pretty much set. We need tiny diapers and to wash the baby clothes I have stored away. The carseat needs to be washed. I'm borrowing a swing and a Rock 'n Play, so I need to gather those items. And then, I think we can say we're ready. We should have another 10 weeks; still plenty of time.

Heartburn is in full swing. My sciatic nerve has been pretty good the last few weeks, though. I feel stretched out, but am measuring right on schedule and passed my Gestational Diabetes test. I feel so lucky to be having another easy pregnancy. Of course, I'm tired and sore, but that's routine, part of the process. I'm most nervous about delivery. Will I make it to a hospital? What if I'm home alone? If I'm induced (which is probably going to happen at 39 weeks), will I be able to go med-free or will this be a different kind of delivery? God has all these details in His hand.

And so, I press on in this short but oh-so-long month and count the grace in only having to care 2 (wild) boys right now. Because I'll know I'll blink and it will be April.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Off the Bookshelf

Patrick Wilford is Here!