What We've Been Up To

It's May first and it's been a busy spring so far. So much so that I really want to make sure I write down some things about life. The only way I'm able to blog is if the boys nap/I write when they're in bed/someone else watches them. Today that "someone" is my dad, who drove up to bring me lunch and then let me leave the house (!!) to write for an hour. A gift!

First, a few things I sadly do not have photos of. One is that Behn's parents visited a few weeks ago. We enjoyed lots of BBQ, downtime, and chatting. Behn and his dad also painted the little bedroom, which will be Victoria's room. I'm annoyed with myself for forgetting to take photos. The next weekend, my Mom and I and Graham road-tripped north to my sister Hannah's baby shower! Baby boy is due in July (their first) and I had a lot of fun with my mom on the drive. Graham was a good boy, too :) Sadly, I didn't take any pics of that day, either.

The bedroom is a pale yellow. Now, to find some pretty curtains and maybe different wall art for a sweet girl:


Have we talked about T-Ball yet? Graham is loving t-ball. He's only 4, so there's a good amount of picking grass instead of fielding balls, but I think he's doing pretty good. And he's happy. Behn and I have also made some new friends and gotten to know our next door neighbors since their little boy is on the same team. Oh, and the team name? The Rugrats! Pretty perfect for the ragamuffin bunch they are.




I'm back at the barn teaching and riding a couple of days a week. Truthfully, I wish I could be there more. It's my escape and where I feel happy. Even a few hours away from home, and I'm ready to see my kiddos again. I took both of them to play one day last week. Farms are a great place for kids; fresh air, ponies, dogs, and cats, tractors, fun toys and space to run!






Patch got a haircut!


He pushes this mower everywhere. Yesterday I told him, "get in your carseat, crazy boy,"  and he said, "I not crazy boy, I LAWN MOWER BOY." He makes me smile.

In other news, our van broke and so we sold it for parts. Which means, we are in the market for a new vehicle. Trying to decide what...how much to spend...how big it should be...it's been stressful. We trust something will work out soon. God always provides!

I'm sure there's more going on, but those are some highlights. There have been nature walks and working in the garden and hard moments and sweet moments and lots of going to the park. It's been a busy season.


The boys and I...someday we need a fresh picture of the 4 of us! I feel like Behn gets neglected! But he's doing great, too, and he's such a good father and husband. Team T!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Off the Bookshelf

Patrick Wilford is Here!