Oh, Shenandoah

If you read my last post, you saw that we are busy and happy here in Maryland. We have friends and activities and family here. But this time of year, the spring, always brings out the nostalgia in me. I miss Lexington.

I miss walking around the cute downtown...the coffee and shops and art studios and little street fairs and walking through the campuses of W&L and VMI.



I miss the Maury River and swimming or throwing rocks in it. I miss the Chessie Trail.




I miss the Appalachian Trail. And that anywhere you were, there were mountains all around. That fresh mountain air...




I miss all the great parks, especially Boxerwood Garden. It's such a gem.



And I miss our friends and church family. It was such an incredible experience living in Lexington for 3 years. Maybe what I really miss- and can't get back- is being 26 and having more energy and being pregnant and Graham being a baby and then Patrick being a baby. Both of our kids were born there.  Life was just simpler and more fresh and pure. Someday, someday...I hope we move back to you, Rockbridge County.

Trees from the yard of our rental:


Baby Patrick only lived there 7 weeks and then we moved:

One of my favorites:

Comments

  1. Careful about that grass being greener, Meg - I remember some brown from that chapter of your life! Someday you can get back to mountains. <3, Dee

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Off the Bookshelf

Patrick Wilford is Here!