High-Fiving Myself (and all the other mom's who have made it this far)

A week or so ago, it was warm enough to take the kids to the park in the late afternoon. For such a beautiful day, it was disheartening that they were the only children there (take your kids outside, America!). But as they were alternately throwing rocks onto the frozen pond and running from an aggressive goose, I realized we've made it into February. And then I gave myself a high-five.



Somewhere along the way of adulthood, I went from a glass half full girl to a glass half empty girl. Or at least to an exact halfway filled glass girl. So when November came and another inevitable cold winter was looming, I felt some dread. If you've met my kids, you know why. They are 2 wild boys! No kids like the be inside, but these 2 have a real case of needing to run and jump, throw and build forts. So they do that: inside. I tolerate it. It's just the way it is.



But here we are, the winter has flown by! So I high-five myself, and all the other mama's who are stuck inside with stir crazy kids, sick kids, cabin fever kids.I raise my wine glass to us. We are doing it, girls.  We got this.


^ this particular selfie was taken as I sat on the kitchen floor at the end of the day. 'Cause sometimes it's just easiest to sit on the floor, though it be flithy.

It helps over here that we have the routine now of taking G to school 3 afternoons a week and I'm tutoring 2 evenings a week. It helps that we find little things to do, ways to spend some time with people. It helps that we've enjoyed Sunday family lunches with my family and taken several trips to Delaware to see Behn's family. It helps that "Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood" is on Netflix.

I'm eager to start my garden seeds and take the kids to the park every day and for G to start t-ball and teach riding lessons again. The high on this coming Sunday is like, 25 degrees. We aren't there yet. But close.


^The boys at the Navy Air Museum (my dad helped me herd them around that day)


^ My brother, Tim, is home from his deployment!


^ Behn meeting our adorable niece, Cora, over the weekend. Speaking of nieces, we have another new one- little Abigail arrived over the weekend (my brother and his wife's first) 

Comments

  1. Yay!! you made it! I'm right there with you, we're heading to the park today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yessssssss! So, so, so ready for warmer weather. Just not sure how I'll navigate the park with a baby and (disobedient) toddler. Also, thank goodness for Netflix! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Off the Bookshelf

Patrick Wilford is Here!