A Walk and a Prayer

Yesterday was lovely. When it's been 16 degrees for a week, 43 degrees feels like a summer day. In the morning, we discovered our driveway and road were quite icy from a squall the night before, so we stayed home from church. I walked on the treadmill and Behn and the boys played quietly while we listened to John Piper.

Later we went on a family walk. I did insist the boys wear coats, but they might have even gotten away with a few layers of sweatshirts. The snow as melting and other neighbors were out walking their dogs and children.

Graham walked next to me. Then he said, "I like all this- the snow and woods and it's warm. Can we pray and tell God?"

Yes, my boy. Let's walk and pray and give thanks.

So we did. Graham's young prayer life is better than mine in many ways. He sees things and is becoming in the habit of saying little prayers. It is precious.

Now, before this gets too sappy, also note that he wipes his boogers in Patrick's hair. On purpose. Every time. And he tells me "no!" when I say it's time to get in his carseat. So, there's all that. Sin and mischievousness and a LOT of energy.

But...God is at work in his heart...in our family. Grateful.


Comments

  1. Aww - this made me smile (even the booger part). Good to be reminded by children about the goodness of God!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Off the Bookshelf

Patrick Wilford is Here!