Meet Kurite

Please meet sweet, beautiful Kurite:


Kurite is a 2nd grade orphan in Ethiopia that Behn and I are now sponsoring through Project Hopeful Awassa. We are her Family in the Gap.

As orphan care is very important to Behn and I, we felt as though this was a tangible way to serve God. It was something we've thought about for a while, but we can actually go ahead and do now, as the Lord has provided a new job for Behn.

Just look at her, the beauty and grief in her eyes.

When Behn and I discussed orphan sponsorship, we thought we'd look at lots of profiles in many countries and make a decision that way. But I kept seeing that my friend Charisa, who is the coordinator of the FIG program for Project Hopeful Awassa, was posting kids who needed sponsors up on her Facebook page. When I saw Kurite's face, I just knew. I knew I wanted to choose her. Behn agreed and so here we are!

We hope to not only help financially, but of course be praying for her daily and writing her letters. I want my boys to love her and pray for her too!

If you are interested in orphan sponsorship through Project Hopeful, feel free to contact me or go to projecthopeful.org  for more information. Child sponsorship is only $30 a month.

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." -James 1:27

Comments

  1. she looks like such a sweetie! Glad you 2 decided to do this :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Patrick Wilford is Here!

Off the Bookshelf