Things Graham Says

First of all, I forgot to document our trip to Greensboro last month! Oops! Like I said, it was a reallllly busy month, plus I'm sleep-deprived and have "mommy brain" (that is a REAL thing!), so I excuse myself.

Anyway, we went to Greensboro one more time before moving away. It was, as always, a pleasure to see Emily (plus one), Seth and Shane. Emily and I ran a 5k- was tough but so fun! I hadn't run in nearly a year, so I was quite sore afterwards.

Here Emily and I are before the race. She's pregnant and I just had a baby- yay us!


The guys came to cheer us on (and babysit):

Almost done!

We went on some walks in the beautiful parks across the street from the apartment:

Revolutionary War monument and my history buff husband:


Graham Boy is chattering a lot these days. I can't understand everything, but I do know how to interpret his language pretty well. Here's a sample of some of the non-English words he says:


  • wawa- french fries
  • A-wa (emphasis on 'A')- fire
  • a-WA (emphasis on 'WA'-moon
  • buhdie- open/turn in on
  • nah- drink/cup
He also says a whole bunch of real words. He's doing awesome with colors! He picks up toys and correctly labels them blue, green, or yellow. He can also pick many other colors out of a group. He's very much into names: Nana, Pop, A-un (Aaron), Steecee (Stephen), See (Seth), Shee (Shane), Eminy (Emily), Lily, Emma, and Baby (Patrick and all other infants). When told to, he also says 'sowwy' and uses good manners like 'peas' (please) and 'mahk-oo' (thank you). We're also working on him responding 'yes, mama' when I've instructed him. I'm so glad he is learning to communicate. He's been a handful lately (think: throwing items and screaming for attention) and I'm glad he can express some of what's going on in his head. Crazy, silly, ball-loving little guy!

Still dislikes the camera and having his picture taken:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Off the Bookshelf

Patrick Wilford is Here!